5 2 2 1325m²
Andrew Wooldridge wasn't wrong when he named his new creation in 1861...
"Belle Vista" translates to "Beautiful Sight", and this heritage-listed masterpiece is all of that and much more.
For the past 15 years, the current owners considered themselves the home's unofficial custodians, preserving and illuminating every square inch of its rich past as if it their duty.
Through meticulous restoration and a keen eye for all things contemporary, these loving custodians have ensured that this high-quality, grand slice of history will enchant for years to come.
Beyond the original wrought iron gates, immaculate grounds partner a bewitching facade of bluestone, sandstone and a newly applied colour palette of light earthy tones to deliver a most awe-inspiring, yet sophisticated, introduction.
Inside, the widest hallway hosts a symphony of intricate detailing - the beautifully restored brushbox parquetry floors and 12-inch skirting boards are the perfect prelude to the gold leaf detailing and decorative cornices on your unrivalled 18-foot ceilings.
This epic hall is the gateway to three bedrooms and a formal lounge, all boasting those lofty ceilings, decorate detailing, original fireplaces and light-grabbing sash windows.
Instinctively, you'll find yourself exploring every nook and cranny - locate the working servant bell, ring it, and transport yourself back in time.
Keep moving to uncover more treasures, some hidden and some not so...
There's the dressing room with its cedar built-in wardrobes - large and versatile enough to be the perfect fourth bedroom.
Then there's the real hidden gem - a gargantuan and thoroughly maintained cellar.
In 2002, the current owners combined the best of modern living and introduced it to a bygone era as if the two were long lost loves - ever since, this astonishing space has hosted countless memorable parties for hundreds of envious guests.
The real triumph is that nothing looks out of place - the newly appointed brushbox flooring matches the parquetry in the original part of the home, while the new state-of-the-art downlights effortlessly compliment the contemporary finishes of the kitchen and the neighbouring newly renovated bathroom
The "Ubertuber" black granite sings atop the perfectly placed island bench, while two pack white cabinetry, glass splashbacks, stainless steel appliances - including a 90 mm ILVE oven and Miele dishwasher - double pantries, and hidden storage cabinets come together to deliver a truly contemporary country style kitchen.
An original coach house stands grandly beside a stunning saltwater pool - a picture befitting the French countryside with a sprinkle of that modernity.
The coach house is as functional as it is beautiful - a renovated, self-contained retreat boasting a study, kitchen, newly appointed bathroom and fifth bedroom or cinema room, perfect for the kids or visiting guest.
Consider the coach house as much more than an added bonus - this bluestone gem has to be seen to be believed, and will forever remind you that with this rich history comes a truly beautiful sight!
More reasons why we love this home:
- Extremely quiet street locale
- Walk-in shower, in-floor heating and heated towel rail in main bathroom
- Huge separate laundry with in-floor heating
- 2 large contemporary family bathrooms and additional powder room
- Renovated, spacious attic above coach house
- Reverse cycle ducted heating and cooling throughout
- New Canon gas heating unit in family room
- New double, side-by-side carport specifically designed to match the home's heritage style
- Off-street parking for up to 6-7 cars
- Great use of space - built-ins, pantries and linen closets throughout
- New ceilings and electrical wiring
- Newly replaced slate roof
- One of only two working wells in SA - connected to timed watering system
- New 'kid safe' thermostatically controlled gas hot water system
- Electronic outdoor shades at rear
- BBQ - gas plumbed to mains
- New custom designed roman blinds and curtains throughout
- New Stegbar wardrobes throughout
- Foxtel in coach house, plus 2 x WIFI routers
- Highly secure - fully alarmed, electronic front gates with intercom and picture display
- Newly installed landscaped gardens
- 5-7 minutes drive to CBD
- 2 minutes to the heart of Hyde Park shopping and cafe district
- Close to some of Adelaide's best schools and colleges, including: Walford Girls, Mercedes College, Scotch College and more.
CT / 5132/960
Council / City of Unley
Zone / RH(C)'SH5
Built / 1880
Land / 1325m2
Frontage / 28.96m
Internal / 300m2
Council rates / $4887.25pa
Water / $581.95pq
ES levy / $232.00pa